The bible list many benefits from studying and applying God’s written words. This is just a small list of a few of the benefits.
1. Galatians 5:22 You will be blessed with the fruits of the spirit.
2. Proverbs 1:22,23 God will open your eyes to the truth.
3. Galatians 6:10-13 God will help you become stronger by preparing to endure the battles you will face in life.
4. 2 Peter 3:9, Revelation 3:2,3 God desires none to be destroyed. By studying and applying the scriptures we will become strong enough and wise enough that we may survive the inevitable destruction of this system.
5. Proverbs 13:20 You will find true wisdom.
6. Acts 13:6-10 You are given authority over demons.
7. 2 Thessalonians 2:6-9, 1 Peter 3:12-15 We are going to suffer no matter what so wouldn’t it be better to suffer as a righteous person then unrighteous? Relief will come for those who suffer as righteous.
Here is a link to a wonderful article on why God permits suffering. http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102005141?q=suffering&p=par