This is not health advice. I am posting this for informational purposes only.
This has been written by my Facebook friend Matt Murtaugh. These are his suggested talking points we could use when contacting companies to petition them on rethinking the safety of glyphosate in our food supply. He has been working very hard to try and protect others. We have been contacting politicians, food producers and suppliers and anyone else we can think of that could help reduce the poisoning of people by this toxin.
Here are links and points to show a company why Roundup is bad.
- “America has sprayed 1.8 million tons since 1974, and 9.4 million tons of the chemical have been sprayed onto fields worldwide.” It is the number one selling pesticide in the world.
2. It is water soluble, so it has gone everywhere water goes – The oceans, lakes, streams, ponds, and our drinking water. “Glyphosate is highly soluble in water”
3. It has been found at unsafe levels in cereal,(a) vaccines (b), human urine, breast milk, drinking water, (c), beer and wine (d) (a)
4. Roundup does not dry, wash, or cook off, and have been proven to be neurotoxic,(a) carcinogenic (b), endocrine disruptors (c), and a cause of liver disease (d) at very low levels.
5. It has been shown to damage the human embryo and placental cells (f), and cause miscarriages (g). Our studies show that glyphosate acts as a disruptor of mammalian cytochrome P450 aromatase activity from concentrations 100 times lower than the recommended use in agriculture; this is noticeable on human placental cells after only 18 hr.”
6. Study showed both immediate and longer term brain overstimulation and cell damage in humans (h)Mechanisms underlying the neurotoxicity induced by glyphosate-based herbicide in immature rat hippocampus: involvement of glutamate excitotoxicity.(h)https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24636977
8. It binds to aluminum in the gut and then bypasses the gut barrier destroying immunity and amino acids made by beneficial gut bacteria. Those inflammatory responses in the gut are playing roles in autism and many other diseases (j) “It is now well established that autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is associated with dysbiosis in the gut , and, indeed, this is viewed by many as an important contributor to ASD.” …”Ammonia plays an important role in the etiology of hepatic encephalopathy associated with both acute and chronic liver dysfunction [56,57]. The source of the ammonia is believed to be intestinal bacteria, including those in both the small and large intestine” (j) “but one can surmise that non-organic soy formula might be contaminated with glyphosate, and this could be a contributing factor to both the autism and the C. difficile.” (j)
“this dysbiosis is caused principally by impaired sulfate supply to the mucosa, and that the toxic phenolic compounds both assist in correcting this deficiency and induce inflammatory responses due to their oxidizing effects.” (j)
9. It inhibits enzymes which help metabolize harmful substrates and make beneficial ones. Without them you stop making good substrates and can’t get rid of toxins. (k), (l) (These are known as CYP enzymes) A study conducted in 1998 demonstrated that glyphosate inhibits cytochrome P450 enzymes in plants (l)https://www.news-medical.net/life-sciences/What-are-Cytochrome-P450-%28CYP%29-Enzymes.aspx
10. Has shown damage to rat testicles, leading to a potentially serious effect on fertility. (m)
“Glyphosate has been described as an endocrine disruptor affecting the male reproductive system; however, the molecular basis of its toxicity remains to be clarified. We propose that Roundup toxicity, implicated in Ca(2+) overload, cell signaling misregulation, stress response of the endoplasmic reticulum, and/or depleted antioxidant defenses, could contribute to Sertoli cell disruption in spermatogenesis that could have an impact on male fertility.”
11. Could be playing a role in bee colony collapse disorder “with no abatement in the bee colony collapse disorder, glyphosate could be playing a role in the bees’ plight” (n) “It is a cytochrome P450 endocrine disruptor at levels 100x lower than recommended use in agriculture”(n) “Our studies show that glyphosate acts as a disruptor of mammalian cytochrome P450 aromatase activity from concentrations 100 times lower than the recommended use in agriculture” (n) “Is a potential endocrine disruptor”(n) (n
12. It created morphological changes in tadpoles, and kills frogs and amphibians easily. (o), (p) “After three weeks, Roundup killed 96–100% of larval amphibians (regardless of soil presence). I then exposed three species of juvenile (post‐metamorphic) anurans (0) One “inert” is called n laboratory containers. After one day, Roundup killed 68–86% of juvenile amphibians. These results suggest that Roundup, a compound designed to kill plants, can cause extremely high rates of mortality to amphibians that could lead to population declines.” (0) (0) THE LETHAL IMPACT OF ROUNDUP ON AQUATIC AND TERRESTRIAL AMPHIBIANS
“To my knowledge, this is the first study to show that a pesticide can induce morphological changes in a vertebrate.”(p) “After one day, Roundup killed 68–86% of juvenile amphibians.”(p) (p)New effects of Roundup on amphibians: Predators reduce herbicide mortality; herbicides induce antipredator morphology (p)
13. It’s not just the ingredient glyphosate in roundup, it’s the other formulants too. They’re very toxic and called inerts, but that is a misleading. They’re really formulants and kept secret. They can cause serious damage. (q) “We tested the toxicity of 9 pesticides, comparing active principles and their formulations, on three human cell lines” “…8 formulations out of 9 were up to one thousand times more toxic than their active principles”
One “inert” (formulant) is called polyethoxylated tallowamine which showed very toxic to a crustaceans in one study. (r) One ingredient is polyethoxylated tallowamine . POEA (polyethoxylated tallowamine) use has increased recently with the advent of “Roundup-Ready” crops” “All POEA formulations were found to be extremely toxic to T. platyurus” (beaver-tailed fairy shrimp) (r)
14. Sri Lanka Banned glyphosate because of an epidemic of kidney disease in farm workers that has been closely associated with it’s use. (s), (t) Sri Lanka’s New President Puts Immediate Ban on Glyphosate Herbicides (s)
Glyphosate, Hard Water and Nephrotoxic Metals: Are They the Culprits Behind the Epidemic of Chronic Kidney Disease of Unknown Etiology in Sri Lanka? (t)
15. Over 100 scientists from around the world have called for EU to recognize glyphosate is not safe. (u) (u)
https://www.dw.com/en/independent-scientists-warn-over-monsanto-herbicide/a-18886833 16. Found in high levels in those with chronic illness (v)(v)
This is added by me. Note humans are not RoundUp ready and neither are our pets.