It may seem like God has forgotten those of us who are trying our best to be obedient. It seems those who do not care, who will not help the down trodden and who do many bad things live in peace and comfort. We have to keep in mind God is listening and taking note. We may even question why we have done our best to cleanse ourselves and obey God.
(Psalm 73:3-13) 3 For I became envious of the boasters, [When] I would see the very peace of wicked people. 4 For they have no deathly pangs; And their paunch is fat. 5 They are not even in the trouble of mortal man, And they are not plagued the same as other men. 6 Therefore haughtiness has served as a necklace to them; Violence envelops them as a garment. 7 Their eye has bulged from fatness; They have exceeded the imaginations of the heart. 8 They scoff and speak about what is bad; About defrauding they speak in an elevated style. 9 They have put their mouth in the very heavens, And their tongue itself walks about in the earth. 10 Therefore he brings his people back hither, And the waters of what is full are drained out for them. 11 And they have said: “How has God come to know? And does there exist knowledge in the Most High?” 12 Look! These are the wicked, who are at ease indefinitely. They have increased [their] means of maintenance. 13 Surely it is in vain that I have cleansed my heart And that I wash my hands in innocence itself.
Many have felt this way. God does take note of who is obedient and who is not. This system is temporary but the new system is forever. Those written in the book of remembrance will be rewarded by God and it will be an eternal reward.
(Malachi 3:14-16) 14 “YOU have said, ‘It is of no value to serve God. And what profit is there in that we have kept the obligation to him, and that we have walked dejectedly on account of Jehovah of armies? 15 And at present we are pronouncing presumptuous people happy. Also, the doers of wickedness have been built up. Also, they have tested God out and keep getting away.’” 16 At that time those in fear of Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion, and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening. And a book of remembrance began to be written up before him for those in fear of Jehovah and for those thinking upon his name. . .
Those who have washed their outer garments and acknowledged the one true God will not be blotted out of his book.
(Revelation 3:4, 5) . . .. 5 He that conquers will thus be arrayed in white outer garments; and I will by no means blot out his name from the book of life, but I will make acknowledgment of his name before my Father and before his angels. . .
(Philippians 4:2, 3) . . .. 3 Yes, I request you too, genuine yokefellow, keep assisting these [women] who have striven side by side with me in the good news along with Clement as well as the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the book of life.
During the resurrection those who have done bad and thought it went unnoticed will receive their reward which is the lake of fire and those who were obedient will be rewarded with eternal life.
(John 5:28, 29) 28 Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment. . .
(Revelation 20:11-15) . . .. 12 And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and scrolls were opened. But another scroll was opened; it is the scroll of life. And the dead were judged out of those things written in the scrolls according to their deeds. 13 And the sea gave up those dead in it, and death and Ha′des gave up those dead in them, and they were judged individually according to their deeds. 14 And death and Ha′des were hurled into the lake of fire. This means the second death, the lake of fire. 15 Furthermore, whoever was not found written in the book of life was hurled into the lake of fire.
We know we are in the last days. The time is very near for scoffers who follow their own sinful desires to be done away with. We need to stay strong we only have a little longer it is a sign salvation is near.
(2 Peter 3:2-7) . . .. 3 For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4 and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.” 5 For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice, that there were heavens from of old and an earth standing compactly out of water and in the midst of water by the word of God; 6 and by those [means] the world of that time suffered destruction when it was deluged with water. 7 But by the same word the heavens and the earth that are now are stored up for fire and are being reserved to the day of judgment and of destruction of the ungodly men. . .
We are to lift our heads because it means deliverance is near.
(Luke 21:25-28) 25 “Also, there will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth anguish of nations, not knowing the way out because of the roaring of the sea and [its] agitation, 26 while men become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited earth; for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27 And then they will see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 But as these things start to occur, raise yourselves erect and lift YOUR heads up, because YOUR deliverance is getting near.”
If you haven’t read my other post on repenting you can read it here. https://iamajuicer.wordpress.com/2014/11/01/what-is-sin-and-some-steps-to-repenting/
- Abusive speech. For example lying about someone or spreading rumours. Or talking down to them or things they have done. ( Ephesians 4:29 ) ( James 5:9 )
- Oppression- to suppress by maltreatment to depress mentally. ( Psalm 52:1-5) ( Isaiah 10:33 )
- Eating blood or taking it into your body. ( Deuteronomy 12:27 ) ( Acts 15:29 )
- Bragging or boasting. ( James 4:13-16 ) ( Psalm 94:4 )
- Deliberately making cuts in yourself. ( Leviticus 19:28 ) ( Mark 5:2-8 )
- Getting tattoos. ( 19:28 )
- Getting involved in various aspects of fortunetelling. ( Leviticus 19:31 ) ( Acts 16:16-17 )
- Not honouring your parents. ( Ephesians 6:2-3 ) Obeying God on this one comes with a promise that your life will be extended. ( Deuteronomy 5:16 )
- Stealing, committing theft. ( Leviticus 19:11) ( Ephesians 4:28 )
- Deception – dishonest act or misrepresentation. ( Leviticus 6:2 ) ( Proverbs 2:22 )
- Defrauding – to take or hold by deceit. ( Deuteronomy 24:14-15 ) ( Proverbs 14:31 )
- Seeking revenge. ( Leviticus 19:18 ) ( Proverbs 20:20 ) ( Matthew 5:43-44 )
- Hating others. ( Leviticus 19:18 ) ( Matthew 5:43-45 )
- Gluttony – over eating. ( Proverbs 23:20-21 )
- Laziness – inclined toward inactivity. ( Proverbs 12:11 ) ( Proverbs 20:13 ) ( 2Thessalonians 3:10 )
- Greed – excessive desire for something. ( Luke 12:15 )
- Bestiality – immoral relations with animals. ( Leviticus 18:23 )
- Murder ( James 2:11 )
- Slander – uttering false statements or defaming. ( Leviticus 19:16 ) ( Psalm 15:1-2 )
- Divorce, except when sexual immorality is involved. ( Malachi 2:16 ) ( Matthew 5:32 )
- idolism – excessive devotion to something. Images, money anything that you devote most of your time to. ( Exodus 20:4 ) ( Isaiah 44:9 )
- Tradition – getting involved in traditions of man or traditional rituals or celebrations. ( Jeremiah 10:1-5 ) ( Mark 7: 1-7 )
- Not returning something found if you know who the owner is. ( Leviticus 6:3-4 )
- Cross dressing. ( Deuteronomy 22:5 )
- Lying ( Proverbs 12:22 ) ( Revelation 21:8 )
- Obscene gestures or language. ( Colossians 3:8 ) ( Ephesians 4:31 )
- False pride – artificial self esteem. ( Isaiah 2:17 ) ( Psalm 10:3-4 )
- Haughtiness, arrogance. ( James 4:6 ) ( Psalm 10:4 )
- Cowardice, lacking courage. This is referring to not having courage to resist the world and do what God would require. ( Revelation 21:8 )
- Not studying the bible. ( Proverbs 28:9 ) Ignorance is no longer accepted as an excuse because Jesus clarified everything and set matter straight. ( John 15:22 ) God sends messengers so there is no excuse, if people do not know God it is because they refused to get to know him. ( Revelation 12:11 ) The act of ignoring those willing to teach is severely punished. ( 2Thessalonians 1:7-9 )
- Homosexuality – being attracted to persons of the same sex. ( Leviticus 18:22 ) ( 1Corinthians 6:9 ) ( Romans 1:24-27)
- Adultery – unfaithfulness by one who is married. ( Matthew 5:27 ) ( Hebrews 13:4 )
- Incorrect hair length for your gender. ( 1Corinthians 11:14-15) I had trouble with this one I had hair half way down my back. It took me years to get the courage to cut it. Kind of nice not having guys that are walking behind me thinking I am a women and not having kids ask me if I am a women or a man or why I have a beard if I am a girl.
- Coveting – excessive desire for someone else’s things. ( Exodus 20:17 )
- Having bad associations. (1Corinthians 5:11-15 ) ( 2Timothy 6:1-9 )
- Causing strife or rivalries. ( Proverbs 29:22 ) ( Proverbs 15:18 )
- Presumptuousness – assuming something is true, making assumptions without the facts. ( Proverbs 21:24 ) ( 2Chronicles 26:16-21 )
- Enslavement to things around you, letting them consume too much of your life. ( 1Corinthians 6:12 ) ( Colossians 2:8 )
- Having a low regard for spiritual things, believing your way is better then God’s. ( Proverbs 28:6 ) ( Psalms 78:31-32 )
- Making a show of your worship. ( Luke 20:46 ) ( Matthew 6:1 ) ( James 2:1-6 )
- Exalting others or showing favouritism. ( Matthew 23:8-12 ) ( James 2:8-9 )
- Murmuring about others. ( 1Corinthians 10:10 )
- Judging others. ( Matthew 7:1-5 )
- Violence ( Psalm 11:5 ) ( Proverbs 6:16-17 )
- War, getting involved or supporting it. ( 1John 4:20 ) ( Isaiah 2:4 ) ( 2Corinthians 10:3-4 )
- Superstition – an irrational fear of what is unknown or mysterious. ( 2 Corinthians 6:14-17 )
- prostitution ( Leviticus 19:29 )
- Tipping the scales. Using dishonest measures. ( Leviticus 19:36 )
- Contentiousness – causing to argue or disagree. ( Proverbs 1:14-19 ) ( James 3:16)
- Not taking care of the poor. ( Proverbs 28:27 ) It is part of the reason Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed. ( Ezekiel 16:49-50 )
- fornication – immoral intercourse. ( Ephesians 5:3 ) ( Jude 7 )
- Incest – sexual relations with those who are closely related by blood. ( Leviticus 18:6-18 )
- Having relations with a woman while she is on her menstrual cycle. ( Leviticus 18:19 )
- Moving another’s property markers. ( Deuteronomy 27:17 )
- Treating handicap people bad. ( Deuteronomy 27:18 ) ( Leviticus 19:14 )
- Breaking the laws of your nation. ( Romans 13:1-7 ) ( 1Peter 2:13-14 ) You must obey God’s laws first. ( Acts 5:29 )
- Drunkenness ( Proverbs 23:20-21 ) ( 1Corinthians 5:11 )
I have also placed my link below for information on repenting. If you would like more information for help with dealing with a short coming you may have become aware of go to http://www.jw.org . There you will find wonderful and helpful information.
Sin What Is It?
Sin means to fall short or miss the mark. Sin is so prevalent now days that a lot of people don’t even realize that they are missing the mark. So people have become so out of touch with God’s laws that they believe they don’t sin. The bible warns us about developing an attitude like that. ( Proverbs 16:18 ) ( Luke 18:9-14 ) Satan influences so many aspects of peoples lives that people aren’t even aware of when they are sinning. The bible tells us that ignorance of God’s laws is no longer accepted. ( Acts 17:30 )Jesus came and he clarified things. God always sends messengers to teach what his will is. ( Revelation 12:11 )We may feel that small sins don’t matter but the bible tells us that they do, knowing this should motivate us to work harder at pleasing our heavenly father.( James 2:10)I did this study years ago and I keep adding to it. I am not posting this to make anyone feel like there is no hope for them because they sin, I am writing this to help them realize that they can over come it. When I first started studying the scriptures I became aware that I was sinning way more then I realized. I started making a list of things I had to watch for so I could work on doing better. Once in a while I would review the list to help keep me from back sliding. I hope this will help others.
The world is a mess because people will not listen to God. He is trying to tell us what it takes to be happy but we just aren’t learning that we can’t guide ourselves we need him to guide us. He did not give us his laws to hinder us or to control us like puppets, that is what Satan would do. He gives us his laws to teach us how to be happy and to draw us closer to him.( 2 Timothy 3:16 )
This will not be a comprehensive list. As I see short comings I will have to work on I add to it. Some I don’t have to work on but I keep them on the list so Satan can’t lure me into doing them. To be forgiven for a sin we have to repent so I am going to cover some the steps involved with repenting.
Steps To Repenting.
First we must take in an accurate knowledge of our heavenly father and his laws.( Psalm 38:18 )
As you take in knowledge you will become aware of sin.( Ezekiel 18:21-23 )
When you study and learn what God requires of us our conscience will start to heal. We may start to feel guilt that is good it means you are drawing closer to God and you want to please him. If you don’t feel guilt right away that is okay remember some things have been deeply entrenched and will take a will. We have to let God continue to guide us.
As we become aware of our sins we need to talk to God about them. Please don’t give up that is what Satan would want. He wants nothing more then to take others into destruction with him.( Revelation 20:10-14 )
We must try our best not to commit the sin again. Keep in mind that Jehovah God provided a ransom for repentant sinners. ( Acts 10:43 )
If you do slip up don’t give up just dust yourself off and keep trying.( Proverbs 26:17 )
We must continue to take in knowledge to give us the strength and wisdom to over come our short comings.( Philippians 4:9 )
We must forgive ourselves, we are a new person when we have repented.( 2Corinthians 5:17 )
God doesn’t even remember our sins if we truly repent.( Micah 7:18-19 )
Use Gods personal name Jehovah.(Psalm 83:18 )
The bible tells us there is only one true God. ( John 17:3 )
We must approach him through his son Jesus Christ.( John 14:6 )
This is the link to the list of sin. https://iamajuicer.wordpress.com/2014/11/02/what-is-sin-this-is-the-continuation-of-a-previous-study/
If you want to learn more about repenting go to http://www.jw.org . They will have information that is very will written and easy to understand. Always check the scriptures that have been quoted never take someone’s word on what the bible says.
We can see how the morals of the world are heading they are only getting worse. It can sometimes be difficult to distinguish right from wrong. Since there is no one at a higher level then God he is the one we should look to when we are wondering how to carry ourselves through our daily lives.
Jesus said what comes out of the mouth is what defiles us. (Matthew 15:18,19) He also stated that when you speak injurious things you condemn yourself. (Matthew 12:36,37) Speaking of bad things is also improper, God even considers it a form of idolism. Which is the worship of an object as a god. (Ephesians 5:3-5)
By learning about speech that offends God it will help us to control what we say and do. (Romans 2:13, Proverbs 17:27,28) To help us, we need to learn to fear God. If we fear God we do not exalt ourselves, have false pride, or speak with a perverse mouth. (Proverbs 8:13) The bible tells us that soft words turns away rage and words causing pain make anger come up. (Proverbs 15:1,2) In God’s eyes the one that is slow to anger is better then a mighty man and being silent shows your wisdom and understanding. ( Proverbs 19:1)
We need to worry about what God thinks because he is the one that can give us eternal life or eternal destruction. All this around us will be done away with and so will the people who do not desire the earth to be restored to a paradise. (2 Peter 3:5-7) By worrying about whether someone thinks we are cool or not just adds to the corruption, we become a part of it.
We are told to be swift about hearing and slow to wrath. (James 1:19,20) We want to imitate God and not the seed of Satan. (3 John 11) Using vulgar language or speaking abusively of someone may not seem all that bad but the bible tells us in Luke 16:10 “The person faithful in what is least is faithful also in much, and the person unrighteous in what is least is unrighteous also in much. ” So a sin is a sin, no matter how small it may seem.
You may ask yourself, but someone is gossiping about me or speaking untruthful things about me. What should I do? The bible tells us to pray and God will comfort you. (James 5:13) God is not pleased with evil doers either, he will give them what they have earned. (2 Thessalonians 1:6,7 Romans 2:3-10)
If we retaliated then Satan has won because he molded you to become just like the person causing you the tribulation. We need to conquer the evil with good. (Romans 12:17-21) By doing this we set an example of how a christian should act. We will not stumble others. (1 John 2:10}
God is merciful toward us so we in turn should learn to practice mercy. If we do not show mercy and we judge others we will be judged just like them. How can we look at another persons imperfections and judge them when we have our own. (Matthew 7:1-5)
We know we are in the last days the bible warns us what type of people we will have to deal with and why they behave the way they do. (2 Timothy 3:1-7) Gaining this knowledge may seem overwhelming so we need to get help from God to help us through these times. (Ephesians 6:10-13)
In Jesus sermon on the mount he tells us the things that would make us happy and being a peacemaker is listed among them. (Mathew 5:9) We can have confidence that if we obey God he will help us. (John 14:13-15)
In contrast disobeying God could hinder our ability to love. By being patient and merciful we are given the same mercy. (Luke 7:47,48) Your actions could actually turn a person away from doing bad and in doing so will help you to attain forgiveness. (James 5:19,20)
If we can conquer the evil with good then we will inherit the prize. (Psalms 37:11, Revelation 21:3,4)
If you want to learn more go to http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/h/r1/lp-e and do a search on gossip or lying.